City of Chilliwack's Social Media Policy
The purpose of this Policy Directive is to provide a framework for customer service and public communication on behalf of the City of Chilliwack through its social media pages. The goal of this policy is to encourage the use of social media to further enhance customer service and communication with citizens, local businesses and various stakeholder organizations. Through official City social media pages, the City will communicate information
publish articles and links that are related to conducting City business.
1. The City will authorize specific individuals to utilize social media in an official capacity to ensure that, as with all communications activities, communications through social media channels are accurate, consistent and professional.
2. All City of Chilliwack social media pages shall adhere to applicable provincial, federal and local laws, regulations and policies including all Information Technology and Records Management policies and other applicable City of Chilliwack policies.
3. All City of Chilliwack social media pages shall clearly indicate they are maintained by the City and shall have contact information prominently displayed. Where possible, social media pages should link back to the official City of Chilliwack website for forms, documents and other information.
4. The purpose of the City of Chilliwack’s social media pages is to engage the public and provide information about operational issues as requested. The City’s social networking pages will not be used to debate public opinion or generally converse.
5. The City of Chilliwack will monitor discussions on its official social media pages and will answer questions when tagged or asked directly.
6. All content should be written in a corporate casual tone, minimizing overly emotionally language, tone and punctuation.
7. Content and comments containing any of the following shall be removed from City social media pages:
a. Comments not typically related to the particular page being commented upon
b. Profane language or content
c. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation
d. Sexual content or links to sexual content
e. Solicitations or commerce
f. Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
g. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
h. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
8. Where appropriate, City of Chilliwack Information Technology security policies shall apply to all social networking sites and articles.
9. Employees representing the City of Chilliwack via social media outlets must conduct themselves at all times as a representative of the City of Chilliwack and in accordance with all Human Resources Policies.
10. The City of Chilliwack reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law.
Photos & Videos
Reviews and Recommendations(2)
- Monday08:30AM - 04:30PM
- Tuesday08:30AM - 04:30PM
- Wednesday08:30AM - 04:30PM
- Thursday08:30AM - 04:30PM
- Friday08:30AM - 04:30PM
- Sat, SunClosed